top of page

Yakima Integrated Plan Toppenish to Teanaway Project 2017-2021


The Kittitas County Conservation District's RCPP project implements conservation program contracts and easement agreements through four existing USDA Natural Resources Conservation Service (NRCS) programs authorities.


Local producers who are or have worked with the NRCS Field Office in Ellensburg will recognize the Environmental Quality Incentives Program (EQIP). This the program that typically is utilized for sprinkler conversion projects and other on-farm efficiencies. Over the last several years, EQIP has funded 10% or less of the applications each year. The new funding through RCPP will approximately triple the amount of local EQIP funding available for the next four years.


The easement programs are not as widely known here. The Agricultural Conservation Easement Program (ACEP) includes funding for farmland preservation as well as wetland reserve projects. The Healthy Forest Reserve Program is new to the state, although it has been implemented in Oregon. Together the easement programs have approximately $1.4 million in funding through this proposal.

Through RCPP, the KCCD also has technical assistance funding which allows KCCD staff to assist with sign-ups, ranking of applications, conservation plan activities and cultural resources surveys and reviews. This means that KCCD staff assist producers directly, an effort that will increase the efficiency of the application process through NRCS.

Who can apply for EQIP?

Owners of land in agricultural or forest production or persons who are engaged in livestock, agricultural or forest production on eligible land and that have a natural resource concern on that land may apply to participate in EQIP. Eligible land includes cropland, rangeland, pastureland, non-industrial private forestland and other farm or ranch lands. Eligible applicants must:

  • Be agricultural producer (person, legal entity, or joint operation who has an interest in the agricultural operation, or who is engaged in agricultural production or forestry management).

  • Control or own eligible land.

  • Comply with adjusted gross income (AGI) for less than $900,000. Note: Federally recognized Native American Indian Tribes or Alaska Native corporations are exempt from the AGI payment limitations.

  • Be in compliance with the highly erodible land and wetland conservation requirements.

  • Develop an NRCS EQIP plan of operations that addresses at least one natural resource concern.

Additional program requirements may apply.

How do I sign up for these programs?

Conservation Stewardship Program (CSP)


ELLENSBURG, Wash. (April 2, 2021) – The Kittitas County Conservation District announces an extension of the deadline for Conservation Stewardship Program (CSP) classic applications to April 15, 2021. KCCD encourages interested farmers, ranchers or landowners to contact the District at 509-925-3352 or 2211 W. Dolarway Road, Suite 4, Ellensburg. Read the full announcement here. 

Environmental Quality Incentives Program (EQIP)


ELLENSBURG, Wash. (September 28,2020) – The Kittitas County Conservation District announces a November 20, 2020 application deadline for assistance with on-farm irrigation system improvements, livestock management practices (fences, watering facilities) and riparian and instream habitat. Read the full announcement here. 

2021 Screening Criteria

2021 Ranking Criteria


The U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) prohibits discrimination in all its programs and activities on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, and where applicable, sex, marital status, familial status, parental status, religion, sexual orientation, genetic information, political beliefs, reprisal, or because all or a part of an individual's income is derived from any public assistance program. (Not all prohibited bases apply to all programs.) Persons with disabilities who require alternative means for communication of program information (Braille, large print, audiotape, etc.) should contact USDA's TARGET Center at (202) 720-2600 (voice and TDD). To file a complaint of discrimination write to USDA, Director, Office of Civil Rights, 1400 Independence Avenue, S.W., Washington, D.C. 20250-9410 or call (800) 795-3272 (voice) or (202) 720-6382 (TDD). USDA is an equal opportunity provider and employer

bottom of page